Club League 2016
Attention: All Club Captains and League representatives
The League for 2016 will consist of 10 man teams. 8 Nett League players playing Better-Ball Match play and 2 Gross league players playing off 0 in single Match play. The league will consist of 16 teams and divided into 2 pools of 8 teams. (Similar to the Cricket World Cup 2015). Each Club will have 3 or 4 home games and 3 or 4 away games. The following year the fixtures will just swop around and the team that hosted the current year will visit the following year. In the semi-finals the team finishing first in Pool A will play against the team finishing second in Pool B and the same the other way around.
Factors for consideration
- The entrance fee for the 2016 Club League is R400 per team. This amount must be paid by the club into the Limpopo Golf Union’s bank account before the commencement of the first round of matches. The account details are:
Branch Code: 141148
Account Number: 1411303520
Account Name: Limpopo Golf Union
The Club Captains of the representing teams must please ensure that this action is taken correctly. Confirmation of the deposit slip must be e-mailed firstname.lastname@example.org
- Only players with a maximum handicap of 18 can participate. There is no minimum handicap applicable
- NO GREEN FEES are to be charged for the league players. If any league players want to take part in the local club competition, the competition fees are payable by the player himself. At neutral venues the players must pay normal member green fees to contest the round.
- Clubs are encouraged to try and have a Better-Ball competition on the day of the league at your home club in order for the league players to take part in the club’s competition.
Rules of the League
- The competition is Better-Ball match play for the 8 Nett league players using handicaps and single gross match play using no handicap for the 2 gross league players.
- With the Nett League the lowest handicap goes down to scratch and the other players adjust their handicap accordingly.
- During a match each better-ball pairing will score 2 points for a win, 1 point for a draw and 0 points for a loss, the singles matches will earn 1 point for a win, ½ point for a draw and 0 points for a loss. At the end of the game all the points recorded will count towards the total of the team for the day. This format will be repeated against each team played on the day and the accumulated score is the determining factor to see who finishes first and second. In case of a tie on points the count-out procedure will be as follows; first we will check the individual games count then we will check the individual games margins. So the team with the highest accumulated score at the end of the season wins the respected section of their league. Thus score sheets must be filled in correctly please.
- The semi-finals will be hosted by the group winners and the team finishing second from the opposite group with be visiting. The LGU representative will decide where the final will be played.
- The captains of the teams must please submit the results to Jean Sadie email@example.com no later than the first Monday after games was played so that the logs can be updated ASAP. Please note when booking at Golf Clubs you have to book 5 four balls for league matches. The Log will be updated on the 1st of every month.
- Results of the logs will be sent to clubs to post on their notice boards and will also be posted on limpopogolfunion.co.za.
- IF ONE TEAM CANNOT PLAY THE FIXTURE ON THE STATED DATE AND THE TWO TEAMS COULD NOT FIND ANOTHER DATE TO PLAY, THAT TEAM FORFEITS THE POINTS FOR THAT GAME. NO EXCUSES!!!!
- The division of clubs in the two sections was done to minimize traveling costs.
POOL A POOL B
Round 1 – 19 & 20 March
- Naboomspruit vs Koro Creek at Koro Creek
- Groblersdal 1 vs Groblersdal 2 at Groblersdal
- Polokwane 1 vs Zebula at Zebula
- Sesambos vs Mogol at Mogol
- Musina vs Soutpansberg at Soutpansberg
- Hans Merensky vs Drakensig at Drakensig
- Tzaneen vs Polokwane Albatrosse at Polokwane
- Polokwane 2 vs Kameeldoring at Kameeldoring
Round 2 – 16 & 17 April
- Naboomspruit vs Groblersdal 1 at Groblersdal
- Polokwane 1 vs Sesambos at Sesambos
- Koro Creek vs Groblersdal 2 at Groblersdal
- Mogol vs Zebula at Zebula
- Musina vs Hans Merensky at Hans Merensky
- Tzaneen vs Polokwane 2 at Polokwane
- Soutpansberg vs Drakensig at Drakensig
- Polokwane Albatrosse vs Kameeldoring at Kameeldoring
Round 3 – 14 & 15 May
- Groblersdal 2 vs Naboomspruit at Naboomspruit
- Koro Creek vs Groblersdal 1 at Groblersdal
- Zebula vs Sesambos at Sesambos
- Mogol vs Polokwane 1 at Polokwane
- Drakensig vs Musina at Musina
- Soutpansberg vs Hans Merensky at Hans Merensky
- Polokwane Albatrosse vs Polokwane 2 at Polokwane
- Tzaneen vs Kameeldoring at Kameeldoring
Round 4 – 18 & 19 June
- Naboomspruit vs Polokwane 1 at Polokwane
- Zebula vs Koro Creek at Koro Creek
- Sesambos vs Groblersdal 1 at Groblersdal
- Mogol vs Groblersdal 2 at Groblersdal
- Musina vs Tzaneen at Tzaneen
- Polokwane Albatrosse vs Soutpansberg at Soutpansberg
- Polokwane 2 vs Hans Merensky at Hans Merensky
- Drakensig vs Kameeldoring at Kameeldoring
Round 5 – 23 & 24 July
- Zebula vs Naboomspruit at Naboomspruit
- Polokwane 1 vs Koro Creek at Koro Creek
- Sesambos vs Groblersdal 2 at Groblersdal
- Groblersdal 1 vs Mogol at Mogol
- Polokwane Albatrosse vs Musina at Musina
- Tzaneen vs Soutpansberg at Soutpansberg
- Polokwane 2 vs Drakensig at Drakensig
- Kameeldoring vs Hans Merensky at Hans Merensky
Round 6 – 20 & 21 August
- Koro Creek vs Sesambos at Sesambos
- Groblersdal 1 vs Zebula at Zebula
- Groblersdal 2 vs Polokwane 1 at Polokwane
- Naboomspruit vs Mogol at Mogol
- Soutpansberg vs Polokwane 2 at Polokwane
- Hans Merensky vs Polokwane Albatrosse at Polokwane
- Drakensig vs Tzaneen at Tzaneen
- Kameeldoring vs Musina at Musina
Round 7 – 17 & 18 September
- Sesambos vs Naboomspruit at Naboomspruit
- Groblersdal 2 vs Zebula at Zebula
- Groblersdal 1 vs Polokwane 1 at Polokwane
- Mogol vs Koro Creek at Koro Creek
- Polokwane 2 vs Musina at Musina
- Drakensig vs Polokwane Albatrosse at Polokwane
- Hans Merensky vs Tzaneen at Tzaneen
- Kameeldoring vs Soutpansberg at Soutpansberg
Round 8 (Semi Finals) – 15 & 16 October
- Winner Pool A vs Runner-Up Pool B at Pool A
- Winner Pool B vs Runner-Up Pool A at Pool B
Round 9 (Finals) – 19 & 20 November
- Winner Semi-Finals 1 vs Winner Semi-Finals 2 at Neutral Venue