Club League 2019
Kameeldoring 2018 Champions
Attention: Club Captains and League representatives
The Club League for 2019 will consist of 8 man teams playing a variation of Better-Ball Stable-ford and Better-Ball Match Play. The league will consist of 26 teams, divided into 8 pools of 3 and 4 teams. First, we will play 4 rounds of “Round Robin Matches”. Each Club will have an opportunity to host the other teams in the pool. The league will consist of a “main” league and a “plate” league with the teams finishing 1st going into the “main” league and the teams finishing 2nd going into the “plate” league. The teams finishing 3rd and worse will fall out of the league.
- To qualify to play in the Club league in Limpopo, the club must be affiliated to the Limpopo Golf Union.
- All players in the team must be handicapped at the club they are representing.
- Entry fee must be paid and POP sent to email@example.com Ref Club Name League
- If a club has more than one team. A player can only play for one team. A player can not represent 2 teams. It will be understood that he will represent the team he first plays for.
- Players must not have a course handicap of more than 18 when playing. If so the player will play off an 18-course handicap
- Players must not have a registered rounds percentage of less than 60%. If so the players’ handicap index will be divided by 1.5
- The entrance fee for the 2019 Club
League is R500 per team. This amount
must be paid by the club into the Limpopo Golf Union’s bank account before the
commencement of the first round of matches. The account details are:
Branch Code: 141148
Account Number: 1411303520
Account Name: Limpopo Golf Union
Captains of the representing teams must please ensure that this action is taken
correctly. Confirmation of the deposit slip must be e-mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Only players with a maximum course handicap of 18 can participate. Players who exceed this standard must play off an 18-course handicap. There is no minimum handicap applicable
- NO GREEN FEES are to be charged for the league players. If any league players want to take part in the local club competition, the competition fees are payable by the player himself. At neutral venues, the players must pay normal member green fees to contest the round.
- Clubs are encouraged to try and have a Better-Ball competition on the day of the league at your home club in order for the league players to take part in the club’s competition.
Round Robin Matches
- All teams in the groups play at the same venue as set out by the union
- All Better-Ball Teams will play straight Better-Ball Stableford
- Best 3 scores of the 4 will count towards the clubs total for the day
- The total accumulated scores will determine the 1st and 2nd placed teams
- If there is a tie after the last round of round-robin matches. These 2 teams will select 1 pairing each to play a sudden-death play-off starting from hole 1.
- The draw needs to be done by the host team and forwarded to the other captains well in advance. (There should not be pairings from the same team playing together)
Match Play Rounds
- After Round Robin Matches the qualifying teams for both Main and Plate leagues will be grouped into 2 groups of 4.
- They will then play home and away matches
- The winners of the 2 groups will play against each other in the final.
- The Main and Plate League winners will be announced
- The competition is Better-Ball match using course handicaps (playing match-play using the nett score per hole to see who won the hole, not Stableford points)
- With the Nett League, the lowest handicap goes down to scratch and the other players adjust their handicap accordingly.
- During a match, each better-ball pairing will score 2 points for a win, 1 point for a draw and 0 points for a loss. At the end of the game, all the points recorded will count towards the total of the team for the day. This format will be repeated against each team played on the day and the accumulated score is the determining factor to see who finishes first and second.
- To determine the winners the count-out procedure will be as follows; first we will check the individual games count then we will check the margins of the individual game. So the team with the highest accumulated score at the end of the season wins the respected section of their league. Thus score sheets must be filled in correctly, please.
- Teams will be awarded 2 points for a win, 1 point for a draw and 0 points for a loss. A Bonus point (1) will be awarded for an away win. Thus meaning that a traveling team winning will be awarded 3 points.
- The matches will be played in
- There will be a toss for the tee and
the winner may decide.
Procedure to decide the winner
- The team with the most games won for the day will be declared the winner (the same points format will apply as per the round-robin matches).
- Should the 2 teams be tied on game points after all the matches have been concluded there will be a play-off.
Play-Off (in the event of a tie in the semi-finals
- The play-off will be played over
holes no. 1, 2 and 3 and all the players will take part in the play-off against
the same opponents they played during regular play. Matches in the play-off
will be decided by margins of 2/1, 1 up or all square.
- Should the teams still be tied, the team with the highest holes count from the regulation rounds and the play-off will be declared the winner.
- The semi-finals will be played on a neutral venue decided by the LGU. The LGU representative will decide where the final will be played also.
- The captains of the teams must please submit the results to Jean Sadie email@example.com no later than the first Monday after games were played so that the logs can be updated ASAP. Please note when booking at Golf Clubs you have to book 4 four balls for league matches. The Log will be updated on the 1st of every month.
- The results of the logs will be sent to clubs to post on their notice boards and will also be posted on www.limpopogolfunion.co.za.
- IF ONE TEAM CANNOT PLAY THE FIXTURE ON THE STATED DATE AND THE TWO TEAMS COULD NOT FIND ANOTHER DATE TO PLAY, THAT TEAM FORFEITS THE POINTS FOR THAT GAME. NO EXCUSES!!!!
- The division of clubs in the two sections was done to minimize traveling costs.
Round 1 – 26 & 27 January 2019
All Clubs in group will be hosted by Club no. 4
Round 2 – 23 & 24 February 2019
All Clubs in group will be hosted by Club no. 3
Round 3 30 & 31 March 2019
All Clubs in group will be hosted by Club no. 2
Round 4 – 27 & 28 April 2019
All Clubs in group will be hosted by Club no. 1